What Should You Do After An Auto Accident?
Have your been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own?
Don’t let a personal injury destroy your well-being and your finances. Under Virginia law you may receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, inconvenience, permanent injury and property damage.
Most insurance companies work quickly after an accident has occurred to minimize their payout. You might be offered far less than you need to properly recover from your injuries. We can help you understand the true value of your claim and pursue the full measure and compensation that you deserve.
From your initial legal consultation to the final resolution we will protect your interests every step of the way.
Do’s and Don’ts when in a car accident
- DO call the police.
- DO let the police know you were injured.
- DO report the accident to you insurance agent as soon as possible.
- DO seek immediate medical attention. Keep all future medical appointment without gaps in treatment. Missed appointments and gaps in treatment will adversely impact your case.
- DO keep a list of all doctors you have seen as a result of the accident.
- DO keep a written account of any conversations and names of witnesses at the scene.
- DO take pictures of the accident scene and cars involved.
- DO keep a journal of how you have been inconvenienced by the accident. Detail the disruption to your normal routine.
- DO call Slominski Law for a FREE consultation.
- DO NOT move your vehicle after the accident until advised to do so by the police or out of necessity for safety reasons.
- DO NOT forget to take pictures.
- DO NOT speak to anybody from the at-fault person’s insurance company before consulting an attorney.
- DO NOT give a recorded statement to any insurance company.
- DO NOT sign any documents agreeing to settle your case before consulting an attorney.
- DO NOT wait. The longer you wait to get legal advice, the harder it is to prove your case.
Count on effective and diligent legal representation for your personal injury case.
Let our experienced team evaluate your case today. Call for a FREE consultation.